Saturday 2 July 2011

5 : Twinbrook!


I reach Twinbrook early in the morning. Get off the plane, I take a cab. Twinbrook is a peaceful place, I reckon. A half an hour journey in the cab, I finally see some pleasant views as we move deeper into the neighborhood.





The cab driver asks me if I'm new here, and I just nod. When she asks me where I'm from, I decide not to dwell into my past. Never. So I totally change the topic. "Where can I get information about houses for sale?" And I choke. My accent is totally different from hers!


"You can ask for everything that you need at the City Hall. I'll drop you there, then." Somehow, I don't speak much later because of my different accent. I notice the driver keeps eye-ing me at the back from her mirror, but I ignore her. Argh! Gotta get this SimFrench accent off soon... I don't wanna be different from any other Twinbrook's residence. I don't wanna be any kind of center of attention. Not yet. Should I take a class, perhaps?


When the cab goes off, I look around the place. Twinbrook is amazing...



And I turn to my back. There's the City Hall. Gotta make this quick. I don't wanna sleep under some trees, or some bridges. But... Yeah, I notice there are lots of bridges around. There'll be no sharing moments if I spend tonight under any. And I laugh. What am I thinking? Oh, I just feel too much joys...


And I run to the City Hall. I pass through the Central Park, and I see some locals. They look nice. I'm sure I'll be happy here.


I'm about to climb the stairs but those drum beats are hard to resist. I find some courage to come down and take a look.


I don't know what's so special about that blonde lady. She looks stunning, yes, she does! But, there's a strong feeling inside me telling, "She's not a nobody. She's a somebody." And I feel it's proven when a few kids come and ask for her autograph. I thought it's some kind of normalcy so I follow.


"Can I have your autograph?" I ask in my least accent possible.

"Yeah, guess so. But, not his okay. We just get married." She tells me snobbishly.


"Sure!" I yell happily. And she gives me her autograph. I'm happy, though, despite of her snobbishness.


She's about to walk off but she turns around and call her hubby home, I suppose...



I look at the guy. He's still doing his beats, ignoring the gorgeous lady. And a second later, I hear she says something like "We just get married. I need you home now. Some kitten's growling for some balls, if you get what I mean!" to the guy. I try to catch her accent. And I murmur the line alone. I think she notices because she starts looking at me furiously. Argh, she must have thought me mocking her. I smile with a silly, apologetic face, and I leave the area.

I sign for some papers at the City Hall, and I get myself a house. I'm actually personally attracted to the name of the house. "I Can't Believe It's Not ButterCup." Can you believe it? Such a cute name... I can already imagine raising my family in there and have them taught talking, and walking, and change their diapers, send them to school and...... Wooooh! Woooah!!! Woahh! Hang on, there. Slow mo, Brianna... Get a job, first. You need simoleons right now. And I dive into my pocket. I only have §20 left?! Get a job, asap....


And I call a cab, get to my place, and wallaaaaah!! "I Can't Believe It's Not ButterCup" is surely a beautiful, simple place to start my new life with... And that gorgeous celebrity I met earlier, I wonder what's her name? Argh, damn it. She is awesome, and I want to be awesome like her. Urgh! I must have been...star-struck...







2 comments: